The martial arts journey is long one but full of so many benefits. Here are ten ways you can help yourself get the most out of your time studying martial arts.
- Show up…..Show up ready, the right equipment, the right time, the right mindset. Open to new ideas and challenges.
- Meet people in your class. Learn their names and engage with people new and old. You get what you give….
- Train Daily, even if you cant make class practice or study even if just for a few minutes.
- Slow down. Take Your time with techniques and concepts. Speed, power and understanding will come with time. Its a long journey.
- Set Goals. Not just for the next belt level but for understanding techniques, concepts and timing.
- Take care of your Body. Train around injuries not through them. Seek out professional advice early on to deal with minor problems before they become major ones.
- Learn to relax. Frustration and negative emotions are the enemy. Try and keep calm and keep your mind in a place where it can problem solve and be open to learning.
- Enjoy the small wins. Every step forward is worth celebrating.
- Don’t be afraid to emulate your favorite martial artists. Be confident enough to know that you can achieve anything that you set your mind too.
- TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN. You need to train with as many coaches as possible. Go to seminars, open mats visit other gyms, train on your holidays. If your coach isn’t comfortable with it find a new one.
Enjoy every moment. Everyone you meet will teach you a lesson about martial arts. And alot of the time those lessons can be translated into great life lessons. I hope your journey is as fruitful as mine has been so far………
If you would like to start your martial arts journey with Courage just send an email to [email protected] and sign up for a free 30 DAY TRIAL just mention this blog.
Courage Training Centre Townsville